4 Jan 2021 - The Batteries

 I was keen to see if I could fit 3 x Victron 160 Ah Lithium Batteries in the same space as the existing Batteries 

  Existing AllGrand Battery New Victron Lithium Battery Can Victron fit ?
Height 210 mm 237 mm Yes, Victron is a little taller
Length 327 mm 321 mm Yes
Width 168 mm 152 mm Yes
Weight 36 kg - a guess 20 kg Yes, Victron is lighter

The existing AllGrand batteries have a model 6-GFM-100, a 12 volt 100 Ah battery. 

However, the AllGrand website has nothing about these batteries, I suspect they are a 6 x GFM 100 batteries in serial.  These are 2 Volt batteries, so the voltage maths works out, however getting those 6 batteries in the same foot print doesn't work, perhaps there are some packaging efficiencies in play.  See Allgrand Battery Backup Replacement Battery GFM 100.  

The Victron Battery I am looking at is Victron LiFePO4 Lithium Battery 12.8V/160Ah (mygenerator.com.au)

These are backup batteries, meant for UPS's so I find it comical that they're used in a camper. 

The existing batteries have the following notes on them 

Stand By Use13.5 - 13.8 Volts
Cyclic Use14.4 - 15 Volts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceduna 13 - Things we like and things we'll replace

27 December 2021 - Familiarity Weekend