24 December 2021 - We bought a EzyTrail Ceduna 13

24 December 2021 - The pick up 

The Good 

Initial Handover

Matt was pretty detailed on the hand over, it was Christmas Eve and it looked liked Matt had a few Campers to handover that day, with a trailer arriving earlier that week with a few Campers. 

The Victron Charging System 

It's really good, both today and tomorrow.  On an overcast, but hot day, it generates ample power to keep the fridge cool while also keeping the batteries fully charged.   The future options are also endless, with Touch Screen Information display and more battery management options.

Many Other good things

In this blog, I'm going to talk about many things that probably didn't go so right.  But I don't want to take away from how good the camper is. 

The teething problems

Position of Radio

The radio is in a ridiculous position.  When inspecting the Victron charging gear I accidentally bumped the stereo with the mattress and ripped off the power button.   It follows that the Hot Water control and USB charge stations next to the stereo are also equally stupidly placed.

Reversing Camera

During the Induction / Handover, Matt showed me how to use pretty much everything on the Camper.  But with the reversing camera, Matt showed me a box and said, "there's the reversing camera".    I figured I'd have to get him to show me how it works before I left the store.  But by the time I left I'd forgotten about the camera.  Pulling over for a bite to eat I tested the reversing camera and found it didn't work.  Matt wasn't interested in me coming back to look at the camera, instead telling me that it was a Ford electrical problem. 

Weight 

It is a heavy camper.  During the trip home, and I found myself travelling at 70 km/h up hills, with my foot flat to the floor.   I also found the camper unstable at high speeds.  

Water Pump 

Sounds like a jack hammer. I'll probably end up replacing it with a Jabsco pump from Whitworths.  Jabsco 12V PAR-MAX 3 Fresh Water Pump.  We noted that EzyTrail are still using the Seaflow pumps.  We previously had a Sterling GT camper and replaced the pumps with Jabsco pumps, it was well worth the upgrade with a much quieter pump.

Awning

The awning failed on Christmas Day, less than 24 hours after getting the camper.  The awning wouldn't retract all the way in.  It wasn't exposed to any winds.  We discovered that the foot of the arm, furthest away from the crank had moved and proved near impossible to tighten or fix in place.   The supplied  documentation provided no help to fix the problem.   Eventually we fixed it by trial and error, moving the feet to what seemed sensible. 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ceduna 13 - Things we like and things we'll replace

27 December 2021 - Familiarity Weekend